Post Office PPF Account Details are given right now. Public Provident Fund( PPF) is a withdrawal savings scheme offered by the Government of India with the end of furnishing a secure post-retirement life to everyone. The minimal deposit you must make in the account per fiscal time isRs. 500 and it can go up toRs.1.5 lakh. Public Provident Fund( PPF) is a savings scheme well known for its guaranteed returns and duty benefits. To make PPF accessible for everyone including those from remote areas, the government allows druggies to open a PPF account at India Post Offices. A Post Office PPF Account is a duplicate of one opened with public or private banks in terms of key features, interest rates, and other regulations.
पब्लिक प्रॉव्हिडंट फंड (PPF) ही एक बचत योजना आहे जी तिच्या हमी परतावा आणि कर लाभांसाठी ओळखली जाते. दुर्गम भागातील लोकांसह प्रत्येकासाठी PPF सुलभ करण्यासाठी, सरकार वापरकर्त्यांना भारतीय पोस्ट ऑफिसमध्ये PPF खाती उघडण्याची परवानगी देते. पोस्ट ऑफिस PPF खाते हे मुख्य वैशिष्ट्ये, व्याजदर आणि इतर अटींच्या बाबतीत सार्वजनिक किंवा खाजगी बँकांमध्ये उघडलेल्या खात्यासारखेच असते. पब्लिक प्रॉव्हिडंट फंड (PPF) योजना ही भारतातील एक अतिशय लोकप्रिय दीर्घकालीन बचत योजना आहे कारण ती कर बचत, परतावा आणि सुरक्षा देते. PPF योजनेचा मूळ कालावधी 15 वर्षांचा आहे. त्यानंतर, ग्राहकाने अर्ज केल्यावर, ते 5 वर्षांच्या 1 किंवा अधिक ब्लॉकसाठी वाढवले जाऊ शकते. PPF योजना 1968 मध्ये वित्त मंत्रालयाच्या राष्ट्रीय बचत संस्थेने सुरू केली होती. या योजनेचा मुख्य उद्देश व्यक्तींना लहान बचत करण्यास मदत करणे आणि बचतीवर परतावा प्रदान करणे हा आहे.
पीपीएफ खाते कसे उघडावे ? येथे वाचा….
The Public Provident Fund( PPF) scheme is a veritably popular long-term savings scheme in India because of its combination of duty savings, returns, and safety. The original duration for PPF Scheme is 15 times. later, on the operation by the subscriber, it can be extended for 1 or further blocks of 5 times each. The PPF scheme was launched in 1968 by the Finance Ministry’s National Savings Institute. The main idea of the scheme is to help individuals make small savings and give returns on the savings.
Interest Rate of Public Provident Fund Account
पीपीएफ खात्याचा व्याजदर
- Post office PPF calculator
- Interest payable, Rates, Periodicity, etc – From 01.04.2020 – 7.1 % per annum (compounded yearly).
- Interest shall be applicable as notified by the Ministry of Finance on a quarterly basis.
- The interest shall be calculated for the calendar month on the lowest balance in the account between the close of the fifth day and the end of the month.
- Interest shall be credited to the account at the end of each Financial year.
- Interest shall be credited to the account at the end of each FY where the account stands at the end of the FY. (i.e. in case of transfer of account from Bank to PO or vice versa)
- Interest earned is tax-free under Income Tax Act.
Who can open a PPF Account
- for a single adult by a resident Indian?
- a guardian on behalf of a minor/ person of unsound mind.
- Note:- Only one account can be opened all across the country either in Post Office or any Bank.
How to open a PPF account in Post Office?
- Individuals can open a PPF account at banks or at post offices.
- Earlier, opening a PPF account was allowed only at Nationalised Banks, however, private banks such as Axis, HDFC, and ICICI Bank also offer the PPF scheme.
- The documents required to open a PPF account are mentioned below:
- The application form must be submitted.
- ID proof such as an Aadhaar card, Permanent Account Number (PAN) card, passport, etc., must be submitted.
- Address proof with the current address mentioned on it should be submitted.
- Signature proof.
- After submission of the above documents, the amount that is required to open a PPF account can be deposited.
Deposit amount in PPF Account
- The minimum deposit is Rs. 500 in a Financial Year and the Maximum deposit is Rs. 1.50 lakh in an FY
- The maximum limit of Rs. 1.50 lakh shall be inclusive of the deposits made in his/her own account and in the account opened on behalf of a minor.
- Deposits can be made in lump-sum or in installments.
- The amount can be deposited in any number of installments in an FY in multiple of Rs. 50 and a maximum up to Rs. 1.50 lakh.
- An account can be opened by cash/cheque and in the case of a cheque, the date of realization of the cheque in Govt. the account shall be the date of opening of the account/subsequent deposit in the account.
- Deposits qualify for deduction under section 80C of the Income Tax Act.
How to Discontinuation of PPF Account:-
- If in any financial year, a minimum deposit of Rs.500/- is not made, the said PPF account shall become discontinued.
- A loan/withdrawal facility is not available on discontinued accounts.
- The discontinued account can be revived by the depositor before the maturity of the account by depositing a minimum subscription (i.e. Rs. 500) + Rs. 50 s default fee for each defaulted year.
- The total deposit in a year shall be inclusive of deposits made in respect of years of default of previous financial years.
Loan on PPF Account
- The loan can be taken after the expiry of one year from the end of the FY in which the initial subscription was made.(i.e. A/c open during 2010-11, the loan can be taken in 2012-13).
- The loan can be taken before the expiry of five years from the end of the year in which the initial subscription was made.
- The loan can be taken up to 25% of the balance to his credit at the end of the second year immediately preceding the year in which the loan is applied. (i.e. if the loan was taken during 2012-13, 25% of the balance credit on 31.03.2011)
- Only one loan can be taken in a Financial Year.
- The second loan shall not be provided till the first loan was not repaid.
- If the loan is repaid within 36 months of the loan being taken, the loan interest rate @ 1% per annum shall be applicable.
- If the loan is repaid after 36 months of the loan taken loan interest rate @ 6% per annum shall be applicable from the date of loan disbursement.
How to Withdrawal PPF Amount
पीपीएफची रक्कम कशी काढायची?
- A subscriber can take 1 withdrawal during a financial after five years excluding the year of account opening. (if the account open during 2010-11 the withdrawal can be taken during or after 2016-17)
- The amount of withdrawal can be taken up to 50% of the balance at the credit at the end of the 4th preceding year or at the end of the preceding year, whichever is lower. (i.e. withdrawal can be taken in 2016-17, up to 50% of the balance as of 31.03.2013 or 31.03.2016 whichever is lower).
When the PPF Account Maturity
पीपीएफ खाते मॅच्युरिटी?
- Account will be maturity after 15 F.Y. years excluding FY of account opening.
- On maturity depositor has the following options:-
- (a) Can take maturity payment by submitting account closure form along with passbook at the concerned Post Office
- (b) Can retain maturity value in his/her account further without deposit, the PPF interest rate will be applicable and payment can be taken any time or can take 1 withdrawal in each FY.
- (c) Can extend his/her account for a further block of 5 years and so on (within one year of maturity) by submitting the prescribed extension form at the concerned Post Office.
- (The discontinued account cannot be extended).
- (d) In an extended account with deposits, 1 withdrawal can be taken in each FY subject to a maximum limit of 60% of balance credit at the time of maturity in the block of 5 years.
Premature closure of PPF Account
- Premature closure shall be allowed after 5 years from the end of the year in which the account was opened subject to the following conditions.
- In case of life-threatening disease of the account holder, spouse, or dependent children.
- In the case of higher education of account holders or dependent children.
- In case of a change of resident status of the account holder ( i.e. became NRI).
- At the time of premature closure, 1% interest shall be deducted from the date of account opening/date of extension as the case may be.
- An account can be closed on the above conditions by submitting the prescribed form along with the passbook at the concerned Post Office.
- Death of account holder:-
- In case of the death of the account holder, the account shall be closed and the nominee or legal heir(s) shall not be allowed to continue deposits in the account.
- At the time of closure due to death PPF rate of interest shall be paid till the end of the preceding month in which the account is closed.
Eligibility Criteria for opening a PPF account in Post Office
पोस्ट ऑफिसमध्ये पीपीएफ खाते उघडण्यासाठी पात्रता निकष
The following are some key eligibility criteria for opening a post office PPF account:
- Any resident Indian including salaried, self-employed, pensioner, etc. can open a PPF account at a post office
- The total number of PPF accounts including post office PPF accounts that an individual can open is restricted to one and joint operation is not allowed
- A minor PPF account can be opened at a post office by a parent/guardian on behalf of a minor child. This too is restricted to one minor PPF account per child
- Non-residents are not allowed to open a new PPF account. However, in case a resident Indian becomes NRI prior to the maturity of the PPF account, he/she can continue operating the account till maturity
Required Documents for Post Office PPF Account
पोस्ट ऑफिस पीपीएफ खात्यासाठी आवश्यक कागदपत्रे
To open a Public Provident Fund Account at the Post Office, you need the following documents-
- Identity proof- Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card
- Address Proof- Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, Aadhaar Card
- PAN Card
- Passport size photograph
- Nomination Form- Form E
How to deposit money Online in Post Office PPF Account
पोस्ट ऑफिस PPF खात्यात ऑनलाइन पैसे कसे जमा करायचे
- Post Office PPF account holders can deposit money online through India Post Payment Bank (IPPB) app.
- Candidates Install and set up the IPPB app from their mobile’s respective app store
- After that Add money from your bank account to your IPPB account
- Navigate to the Department of Post (DOP) services section
- Choose the type of account you want to access. In this case, the Public Provident Fund account
- Enter your PPF account number and DOP customer ID
- Enter the amount that you want to deposit and select the ‘Pay’ option
- Verify all the details and proceed
- You will be notified after a successful payment transfer via the IPPB app.
How to Close a Public Provident Fund Account?
पीपीएफ खाते कसे बंद कराल?
- The rules governing Public Provident Fund accounts say that you cannot withdraw the Public Provident Fund account balance after your Public Provident Fund account finishes its tenure (15 years).
- Once the complete your 15-year term, you can get access to the Public Provident Fund account balance, and also withdraw it.
- Any time before the completion of the full tenure of the account, you cannot withdraw the entire Public Provident Fund account.
- The premature withdrawal of your Public Provident Fund up to 50% of the account balance is allowed once you complete 5 years of the Public Provident Fund.
How to link Aadhaar with a Public Provident Fund account online?
पीपीएफ खात्याशी आधार ऑनलाइन कसे लिंक करावे?
- Log into the internet banking account.
- Select ‘Registration of Aadhaar Number in Internet Banking
- Type in the 12-digit Aadhaar number and click ‘Confirm’.
- Choose the Public Provident Fund account you want to link with your Aadhaar card
- Click on ‘Inquiry’ to check if the Aadhaar linking is done.